Well, hello there!
I’m so glad you stopped by my corner of cyberspace! What started as a blog for friends and family while living in Reykjavik, Iceland has surprisingly evolved into this site. This blog is simply a window into my life as a pastor’s wife, a mother of four girls, and a truth chaser. Feel free to peek in.
If you’re interested, here’s a little more about me:
1. I’m a Wisconsin girl, born and raised.
2. Even though I claimed I was never getting married, I found myself a great man at Liberty University. He’s a keeper.
3. I didn’t realize I was marrying a pastor until it was too late. This was not my original plan... 🙂
4. Oh, and don’t be deceived by pretty pictures. Marriage, along with parenting, has not been smooth sailing (Is it for anyone?). I don’t mind writing about it in the hopes that our transparency will help others.
5. One of our daughters was born with half of a heart. I wrote a book about the crazy journey of her three open-heart surgeries. She’s a trooper and she’s doing amazing.
6. I love the great outdoors, music, watercolors, history, exercise, missiology, herb gardens, making people laugh, studying the Bible, teaching English to internationals, and capturing moments through photography and writing. I loathe slimy baby carrots, and how I feel when I don’t get enough sleep or exercise.
7. I find a lot of enjoyment in TELLING STORIES. Of course, living in Iceland gave me many stories to tell (like the time I had to hitchhike back to Reykjavik, or my first and last Icelandic road race, or my kid’s culture shock, or learning Icelandic).
8. Staying home with my kids has given me more stories than I can even write down. There was the time our kids got locked inside our Icelandic apartment, and the time it snowed pink.
9. My favorite story of all time is when God put skin on and came down to die in my place for my sin. Watching this age-old story transform lives is simply amazing.
Feel free to laugh with me, cry with me, and learn from my mistakes. I don’t pretend to have all the answers, and I am stumbling through life like you are, unsure of a lot of things. There is one thing I am convinced of, however, and that is the reality of Jesus Christ being alive today and being concerned about every detail of my life.
The same is true for you.
It’s my prayer that this blog will help you pause and consider that.